Use this search box to find articles that have run in our newspapers over the last several years.

Filing period begins in Granby

GRANBY The Town of Granby has announced that the filing period for those interested in seeking an elected office must take out nomination papers from the Town Clerk no later than March 23 in order to be named on the May 15 ballot.

Candidates must collect signatures of 35 registered voters and return the nomination papers to the Town Clerk by March 27.

Open offices for three-year terms are Board of Selectmen, Board of Assessors, tax collector, treasurer, Board of Health, Commissioner of Burial Grounds, Commissioner of Trust Funds, Recreation Commissioner, Public Library Trustees (three positions available) and school committee (two positions available). Other offices are: Housing Authority (five-year term), Moderator (one year), Planning Board (five years), Tree Warden (one year), Hampshire Council of Government councilor (two years), and an unexpired recreation commissioners term (two years).

Nomination papers may be obtained during regular business hours in the Town Clerk's office. Town Hall hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 12 noon, and the first and third Mondays of the month from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. With any questions, call Kathy Kelly-Regan at 467-7178.