Use this search box to find articles that have run in our newspapers over the last several years.

Don't leave chargers unattended

Date: 12/28/2009

This photo is a good reminder to unplug cell phone chargers when not in use and when they are in use, keep all bedding materials and ordinary combustibles away from the phone and the charger as they generate heat when in use, according to Wilbraham Fire Chief Fran Nothe. This fire occurred on Pomeroy Street recently and the occupants were home at the time of the incident and the batteries in the smoke detectors were removed, so this shows what type of potential these units are capable of. The charger is the black piece on the wall to the left below the window and above the box spring mattress.

East Longmeadow responded with an engine to the fire scene and provided mutual aid to Wilbraham for this structure fire. Thanks to Chief Richard Brady and all of his firefighters for their help.