The 13 Characteristics of Successful People (Part 3 of 3)
by Jeffrey J. Mayer
Remember: Success begins with a state of mind.
You must believe you'll be successful in order to become a success.
The following is a list of the skills, talents and characteristics you'll find in successful people:
9. Successful People Have the Courage to Admit They've Made a Mistake. When you make a mistake, admit it, fix it, and move on. Don't waste a lot of time, energy, money, and/or other resources trying to defend a mistake or a bad decision.
Remember: When people are wrong, they may admit it to themselves. If they are handled gently and tactfully, they may admit it to others and even take pride in their frankness and broadmindedness. But people become very defensive and angry when others try to cram their mistakes down their throats.
10. Successful People Are Self-Reliant. They have the skills, talents, and training that are needed in order to be successful.
11. Successful People Have Specific Knowledge, Training, and/or Skills and Talents. They know the things they need to know to be successful. And when they need information, knowledge, or skills and talents that they don't possess, they find someone who does possess them.
12. Successful People Work with and Cooperate with Other People.
They have positive, outgoing personalities. They surround themselves with people who offer them help, support, and encouragement. They are leaders.
13. Successful People Are Enthusiastic. They're excited by what they're doing, and that excitement is contagious. They draw people to
them because these people want to work with them, do business with them, and be with them.
Chris & Dan
P.S. Thank you to all our faithful readers and advertisers for welcoming us into your homes and hearts every week.